Here is a comprehensive Kit List we recommend, regardless of whether you are booking on to one of our Climb Snowdon events, or just planning a day’s walk on Snowdon. If you’re keen to practice map reading skills on your walk, we’ll be happy to help.
We hope this Kit List is helpful. It shows that, whatever the weather at valley level, it can be much colder, windier and wetter higher up on the summit of Snowdon. Hot sun can also be an issue, causing sunburn and heat exhaustion. We are careful to plan accordingly, whatever the weather, so please help us by being ready with the kit below.
Please read our Kit List carefully and make a note of what you have and what you might need to obtain - and please contact us to discuss your options if you’re missing anything.
Summer Walking Kit List
- Rucksack – at least 25 litres
- Rucksack liner (or bin bag) – to keep rain out!
- Sturdy, comfy walking boots or shoes with ankle support and grippy sole
- Comfortable, thick walking socks
- Base Layer/T-shirt (not cotton)
- Comfortable walking trousers (not jeans)
- Fleece layer/jacket
- Spare warm layer in rucksack ( + 1 more for early Spring/late Autumn temperatures)
- Waterproof jacket - essential
- Waterproof trousers – essential (and separate to your walking trousers)
- Warm hat - essential
- Warm gloves – essential
- Large scale Snowdon map (OS Map OL17 Snowdon)
- Headtorch (especially in early Spring or late Autumn)
- At least 1.5 litres water in a re-usable bottle (please do not discard plastic bottles on the mountain)
- Pack lunch/snacks/sweets and rubbish bag to take items home in
- Trekking poles (highly recommended for descending and rocky steps)
- Suncream/Sunglasses/Sun Hat
- Mobile Phone in a waterproof case/bag
- First Aid kit – personal blister protection, personal medication, painkillers, plasters
Please contact us for further advice about a Winter Walking Kit List.
15% Kit Discount at Crib Goch Outdoor World, Llanberis
When you place your booking with us, you will receive a 15% discount code for Crib Goch Outdoor World. You can purchase online via their website or pop into their shop on Llanberis high street. They have two shops in the village, offering an extensive range of clothing and footwear as well as a wide selection of hiking and camping equipment and accessories.
Staff specialise in giving customers excellent advice and great value products for their adventures, which could mean taking the dog for a walk or trekking up Kilimanjaro! You will find all you need for a Climb Snowdon day here...and for a little less! Happy shopping...