What We Do
Ross and Kate Climb Snowdon... a lot! Summer, winter, mornings, evenings, busy days, quiet days and by many different routes...
We are broadly experienced Mountain Leaders, with a wealth of personal and professional walking days behind us – all over the UK, and beyond. But our passion for living and working underneath Snowdon’s shadow is paramount to what we do.
Ultimately, our goal is to help others access this most majestic of mountains, and if we can help develop a sense of wonder and intrigue about Yr Wyddfa, the mountain, and you go home wanting to come back again...to stand on another Snowdonia summit...then we have achieved one of OUR goals!
Our responsibility for increasing your safety, supporting good decision making and helping you develop confidence in an unfamiliar environment is always paramount – but we also love to engage, to advise, to educate and to inspire. This is what we do.
If this is the first time you have thought about climbing a mountain, let us help your planning so your first experience is a positive one!
- Work with locally based, experienced, qualified and reputable Mountain Leaders
- Add value to your experience with our wealth of local knowledge and community links
- Advise you on additional activity suggestions and accommodation to enrich your time here
£180 for the day
5 or more people:
From £35 per person
£210 for the day
5 or more people:
From £42 per person
0845 Meet outside Snowdon Mountain Railway Station
for group briefing, kit check and Leader introduction
0900 Option to travel to different start point
0945 Latest departure time from chosen walk start point
1300 Arrival at Snowdon summit
1330 Depart Snowdon summit via Llanberis Path
1700 Arrival back into Llanberis / car parks
- Pre-event Support and Advice
- Trip Notes and Kit List
- 1:10 Mountain Leader Ratio
- Group Safety Equipment and First Aid Kit
- Climb Snowdon Certificate
- Photos uploaded to facebook.com/ClimbSnowdon
Cost Does Not Include
- Personal Kit and Equipment
- Refreshments (unless otherwise agreed)
- Public Transport
- Parking Charges
- Winter Kit - walking boots, crampons, axe, helmet (if applicable)
We are here to support your Climb Snowdon day and help you achieve your goal safely and enjoyably. But in order to help us help you – please arrive prepared and ready for a full day’s walk in the mountains.
Snowdon does not offer a casual stroll on smooth, undulating terrain – Snowdon is 1085 metres above sea level and has steep and rocky sections and paths.
It’s beautiful, dramatic and exciting! There are times where you may need to use your hands to steady yourself on certain paths and even the Llanberis Path (the ‘tourist path’) is notoriously steep in a couple of sections. The mountain is rocky underfoot and will challenge your thighs, calves, feet, ankles, back, breathing and brain at times!
Please bear this in mind when preparing for your walk and think about the following:
- PLEASE follow the Kit List and bring ALL items listed with you
- Always ask us any questions you need - that’s why we’re here!
- Practice walking on steeper ground up AND down - find your local hill or make
some visits to areas at weekends
- Use a running machine or stepper on a steep incline or resistance
- Plan in longer walks at the weekend - with your backpack on
- Cover longer distances when on flatter ground - to build up stamina
- Practice using trekking poles (at least once) before your Climb Snowdon day
- Always take the stairs and climb up and down them as much as you can!
- Carry on building upon your cardiovascular fitness (swimming, walking, running, cycling) as
well as building tummy strength to support your back
- Focus on developing muscle tone and strength in your thighs, bum and back to help support
your knees and avoid injury...and STRETCH these muscles regularly
- SEEK ADVICE from a qualified professional before embarking upon a new exercise regime