There are plenty of people offering guiding services on Snowdon, so why choose us?
Put simply, we offer experienced, local and knowledgeable Mountain Leaders to advise you - adding value to your day so we increase your safety, enjoyment and chances of success.
We do this by making sure we are based locally near Llanberis, all year round, and have built up an excellent reputation for service delivery, professionalism, safety, client and staff welfare. We are 100% committed to help look after Snowdon and the surrounding environment.
We have now worked with 1000s of people – from all walks of life – who are keen to enjoy walking on Snowdon and our experience and enthusiasm for helping people have happy and safe days in the mountains is key to what we do, as is our depth of experience of working with a great many client groups, in all sorts of weather, for a number of years.
Climb Snowdon offers you a premium service defined by the following principles:
We are proud supporters of Rhodd Eryri/Snowdonia Giving – a new initiative to enable local businesses and visitors to Snowdonia donate towards community and conservation projects that will help protect and conserve Snowdon for generations to come. Find out more about the project and see how you can help us help Snowdon and its unique environment and communities.
You will see a voluntary donation option has been added to our booking form – we would be so grateful if you could offer a little something.
We have already committed to donating £1 per Climb Snowdon booking to the Snowdonia Society over the last few years, which has been used to help fund volunteer path maintenance days and litter picks, many of which we have volunteered on too, in person! It’s good to give something back to the mountain that gives us so much.
- We aim to improve your safety by offering advice, guided ascents, route and weather information, discussing timings and logistics and general planning
- We want to add value to your day by offering information about the mountain, its flora and fauna, management and unique history
- We actively promote best practice environmental considerations on the mountain and share this information with all our participants and beyond
- We adhere to best practice industry guidelines when planning larger walks and liaise with those necessary to do so, including Snowdonia National Park, landowners where necessary and Llanberis Mountain Rescue Team
- We prefer to work with groups on a 1:10 Leader ratio so people are well informed and looked after well on the mountain
- We provide a very detailed Kit List and discount codes for the hire of certain items
- We offer advice on sustainable solutions to parking, accommodation, eating/drinking in the area to support local businesses
- We regularly support and organise litter sweeps and clean ups on the mountain
- We send participants clearly written Trip Notes to prepare you well for your day
- We use local and knowledgeable Mountain Leaders, whom we know and trust
- If this is your ‘first mountain’, we want you to enjoy your day so much that you end up planning more mountain adventures...
Who We Are
Climb Snowdon is part of RAW Adventures, managed by Ross and Kate Worthington. Between us, we hold the Summer Mountain Leader, Winter Mountain Leader, Single Pitch Climbing and International Mountain Leader awards. We are committed members of the Mountain Training Association.
We are also members of the Llanberis Mountain Rescue Team, a voluntary organisation responding to mountain incidents for those in need on Snowdon and the surrounding mountains.
Climb Snowdon is the web portal for our services that we provide specifically for groups that want to walk up Snowdon and exists specifically to provide you with a high quality service to help you and your group ‘Climb Snowdon’ throughout the year. We thrive on developing opportunities to work with others in the outdoors, regardless of age and experience.
Passionate about working within this exciting industry, we have the utmost concern for safety, challenge, professionalism and enjoyment. With over 20 years combined leading experience and enthusiasm to match, we will care for you and your clients as much as you do.
From a very early age, Kate has been exploring, hiking and scrambling in the UK mountains – developing a detailed knowledge of our beautiful National Parks and wild spaces. Now holding the Summer and Winter Mountain Leader awards, Kate has focused on becoming an experienced and confident Mountain Leader and event organiser.
Working with groups of all sizes – including corporate clients, charity fundraising events and youth expedition groups, Kate enjoys the challenge of meeting new individuals and helping them to access the outdoors safely...and smiles, support and learning are definitely on the kit list!
Since moving to North Wales, Kate has taken her love of running higher into the mountains and regularly competes in local mountain races, as well as the International Snowdon Race, Snowdonia Trail Marathon and Marathon Eryri.
A self-confessed childhood explorer, Ross spent time camping and trekking in the UK and French Alps developing a unique talent for pitching tents on any terrain. Ross has a strong background in youth leading, following his involvement in The Air Training Corps and Duke of Edinburgh Award. He then continued as an ATC Adventure Training Instructor with DofE Expedition groups.
Holding the Summer Mountain Leader, Single Pitch Climbing awards and now a qualified International Mountain Leader, he is comfortable with all ability levels and group sizes and enjoys teaching new skills to others – on Snowdon and beyond...
With expedition experience from Peru, Borneo, Tanzania, China, Nepal to Alaska, Ross prioritises organisation and safety – with some bad jokes thrown in for good measure!